Structural studies in modern biology
How can we use structural techniques to explain biological phenomena. Insight in x-ray crystallography, SAXS, Modelling and Simulations.
Basic hands-on training in X-ray crystallography, SAXS, modeling and simulations.
Topics of the course:
- what can the techniques used for
- introduction and basics for X-ray crystallography, SAXS and Modeling
- sample quality for X-Ray and SAXS, buffer requirements and limitations.
- practical sessions about selected topics in X-ray crystallography and SAXS
- data evaluation and analysis
- what can you learn from these data
- introduction to modeling techniques and different tools
- assessing model quality
- practical sessions about how to get a protein model
- presentation of advanced techniques, e.g., docking, MD, QSAR
Lecturers: Sander Smits , Astrid Port, Elisa Constanzi, Jens Reiners, Christoph Gertzen
Date : 12.-16.06.2023, 09:00 a.m. until 17:00 p.m.
Room: 25.41.00.26 (ZIM) and CSS labs (26.24.01.024)
Number of participants: max. 10
Information and Email for registration : https://www.css.hhu.de/en/
Deadline for registration : 15.05.2023